Monday, January 13, 2014

Love...the Rustic Baker Winter Collection part 1

I love Winter. All those spices, mince pies, Christmas pudding, brandy butter and lots and lots of Baileys. Yum. It is the season to grab a blanket, chuck a large measure of baileys into a glass and eat fabulous food. This was also the time of year that I received my very first Bundt tin. Be still my beating heart. I had to find a great recipe for this delicious item and so I did. Jo Wheatleys Christmas Cake. Please try it. It is delicious, so light and a great alternative to your usual cake.

I love making mince pies too. I generally use an orange pastry but this year I experimented with adding in cinnamon. This proved to be a great addition to the pastry. Additionally, I also jazz up store bought mincemeat by adding winter pimms, orange zest, dried cranberries and sometimes chopped apple. These make delicious pies. To end my Christmas feast my lovely husband bought me another bundt tin and I was finally able to make my ultimate cake, the Tunnel of Fudge Cake. It has to be eaten to be believed.

So the bakes so far this winter - with a couple of months to go - have been Mince Pies, Christmas Cake, Kugelhopf, Tunnel of Fudge, Christmas Spice Macarons, Ginger & Choclate Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment