Friday, June 14, 2013

Love... the rustic baker

So in a week where Oldest One has been in and out of school and we've reached the end of a long week filled with an ear infection, a quick bake was in order this morning. I was reminded late last night by my friend Nikki that I had neglected to make flapjacks recently. This was strongly seconded by her other half Mark. So in between dealing with Oldest One, I was mulling over a few ideas in my head so I could make some in the morning. With Oldest One out of school again I whipped out the baking tray and a whole host of ingredients. 

I used the basic flapjack ingredients of 150g butter or in this case a margarine based spread, 200g sugar and a whole wodge of golden syrup, typically over 60ml. I whacked in a load of ground ginger and slowly melted it down. Then I added Fluff. Not sure if you've heard of this stuff, its like a spreadable marshmallow but vegetarian. I let that melt down then took the pan off the heat and immediately added 350g of porridge oats of different sizes and a wodge of dried cranberries and desiccated coconut. By a wodge I mean bung in as much or as little as you want. Put in a baking paper lined tray and into the oven for approx 10 minutes. 

Nikki and Mark I hope you love them. They tasted delish whilst still in the pan :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment